Re: Using f13 rpms in f12?

On Mon, 1 Mar 2010, Mike Cloaked wrote:

> If one wanted to install a rawhide kernel in a running f12 machine I guess
> you could do something like
> yum --enablerepo development install kernel kernel-devel etc
>
> However there are now rpms in the development directories both for 13/ and
> for rawhide/ (and i386 and x86_64) - is there a way to install an f13
> (specifically), as opposed to rawhide, package in a system running f12?

If you want to update everything to fedora 13 using yum (though of course
the recommended way is to boot off a f13 iso image) then it should be
enough to download and install (by hand) the fedora-release package from
the f13 tree, and then run yum. If you want to pick and choose packages,
you could probably create some fedora 13 repo files with a bit of
judicious copying and editing of the files in /etc/yum.repos.d

 	Michael Young