Re: KMail / Akonadi mess

On Sunday 28 February 2010 10:27:25 am John Austin wrote:
> There is most definitely a problem somewhere with kmail but appears to
> be non-fatal for me
>
> After a reboot when opening an email file a message saying Akonadi
> is being started followed by a popup about Nepomuk (attached)
>
> After that kmail still seems to view email files OK which is all I use
> it for.

The message about Nepomuk not running is not an error, it is a notification
that it isn't running. If you want to get rid of the message, just go to
systemsettings and activate Nepomuk.

Let me see... System Settings -> Advanced -> Desktop Search -> Basic Settings,
and there you need to enable Nepomuk Semantik Desktop, and maybe Strigi
Desktop File Indexer (just check the two checkboxes present). Click apply, and
try to restart KMail to see if the message disappeared.

Now if Nepomuk refuses to start for some reason, *then* you would actually
have a problem. ;-)

Best, :-)
Marko