Re: KMail / Akonadi mess

Quoting Mail Lists <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>    On the last remaining computer I am aware of/maintain with kmail
> still being used - akonadi was running, mysqld was running, and
> nepemonkey was running all with user privs - nothing I tried could
> resurrect kmail to a working state - I googled, read fedora threads etc.
>
>    It was being used under gnome - if that matters.
>
>    The only way I found was to killall kontact; thunderbird &
>
>    As an aside, I found a long time ago that it was important to be mail
> client indifferent - they way I do that is to have a local imap server
> running and always use that for any local mail store instead of the mail
> clients native store - that way I only need to export/import the current
> contact list - and start a new client initiate 2 accounts, 1 to the ISP
> and one to the local imap server and we're 100% back in business.
>
>   Hope you get your mail working again John ...

Well, I got it running, but then it came up this evening but wouldn't
respond. What I ended up doing was killing everything Akonadi related
(sudo pkill akonadi) and then restarting KMail. I got the dreaded
Nepomuk indexing agent error and re-ran the fix for that. It's highly
annoying. I'm going to hope the KDE developers get their sh!t together
and fix all the bugs in KMail soon! That's really all I can do! :-(