Re: Many bugs: pdf, Thunderbird, Firefox, goes knows.

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 3:34 PM, Ranjan Maitra <maitra@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Maybe if I could redirect the system to the right copy of Firefox, it
>> would solve all problems? How is this done?
>
> Just checking: did you quit your firefox and restart after the update?
> This may solve most of your problems, if not.

There was a kernel update and I reboot every day anyways.

>> I must admit I've seen the little red rat appear quite often lately in
>> the top panel. I try not to care too much about it, but it seems there
>> are consequences.
>
> Little red rat? I don't have anything of that sort here: I confess I am
> using the LXDE spin, though.

I believe this "little red hat" appears when you install software to
report kernel... instabilities or something like that.

I must admit I never sent those reports:

1st: Like, from "all" the answers I've received so far, for most
people here, it would look like a bad joke.

2nd: Before sending a report, you are warned that you are sending
sensitive data on an unencrypted connection. I thought I'd refrain.

>> I'll have to check the BIOS <=> CMOS option to reload the defaults. Or
>> I'll just remove the battery.
>
> What exactly is this system and its specs?

It's an Award BIOS, but I can't get any more specs. (1994 - 2009). I
don't believe it has anything to do with the version of this BIOS. It
might take some work, but the BIOS/CMOS can be hacked on the present
Fedora 12.