Firefox has turned into a lynx

It looks like since the most recent update, on one of my laptops, Firefox comes up showing the designated start page, but without processing its stylesheet, so the end result looks like a slightly marked-up lynx.

I can hit the home button, and get the home page reloaded properly. I tried switching to a different home page, and clearing the cache -- makes no difference.

It's only a minor annoyance, but I'm curious if anyone else sees the same behavior.