Re: Printing from Windows XP

On Wed, 2010-02-24 at 18:15 -0500, Kevin J. Cummings wrote:
> This is not Windows, but in the same tradition, after rebooting my
> CUPs server, I have lost connectivity to this printer from *both*
> windows machines, both from user and admin accounts.

Obvious question:  How long did you wait?

If SMB is also involved with printing, then machines going on and off
the network frequently cause havoc, while the SMB system goes through
its who's-the-boss motions.

Years ago I observed that SMB doesn't seem to have the concept of
logging off.  Hence when a machine goes offline, other things get their
knickers in a twist because they're still trying to use it.  And are
still in a twist, for quite some time, if it comes back again.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.