Re: DNS PTR Question

On 10-02-24 11:11:28, Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
> Why is this a potential problem?
> + One that I can think of, is security verification
>   such as some programs do a reverse IP check to reduce
>   phishing/spamming?

FCrDNS only needs the reverse lookup to produce a name that maps to the
IP[1].  Some sites will do this wrong, and you can't deal with all the
ways they can do it wrong.  Just try to work with the places that do it
right.  For my domain I have A records for georgeanelson.com and
rapidxen.georgeanelson.com (for the day when I move servers and also
have a new.georgeanelson.com), MX 0 georgeanelson.com., and rDNS
rapidxen.georgeanelson.com.

[1] <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forward-confirmed_reverse_DNS>