Re: how to know if I'm using xterm or gnome-terminal?

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 3:38 PM, Germán A. Racca <german.racca@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm running a program called IRAF to work with astronomical images, and
it needs to use the graphic capabilities of an xterm, not
gnome-terminal. So, I'm trying to make a very simple script to start
IRAF, but first I have to know if I'm on an xterm (so it enters directly
to IRAF) or a gnome-terminal (in this case the script must open an xterm
before).

This must be too easy, but I'm going to say it anyway.  Why not always start xterm and run IRAF within it?

--
-jp

If you were a pirate, you know what would be the one thing that would really make you mad? Treasure chests with no handles. How the heck are you supposed to carry it?!

deepthoughtsbyjackhandey.com