Booting F12 on Mactel

Hi,

I posted this question a while ago and no one had any answers, but I've
got nowhere so I'm trying again.

I installed F12 on my Intel Mac (Core 2 Duo) but I don't see it in the
boot menu when I hold down the option key.

The F12 release notes have instructions for removing F12 from a Mac but
nothing on installing it.

Should this be straightforward? Is there some documentation I've missed?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Leon...