Fedora 12 Installation Error: Installs i686 kernel on i386 arch and ...

Hi.  Any help will be much appreciated.  I have installed Fedora 12 on an i386 machine using CD ROM for i386 from projectfedora.org.  The install proceeded in limited graphic mode (assuming this is what the blue screen with grey box with words in the middle indicates).  I noticed that the packages being installed indicate i686 architecture (including the kernel).  Then, when it is finished installing packages, it reboots to text screen (no graphics) requesting login and password.  Logging in as root gives me the su prompt.  No where does it request for me to insert additional cds (such as the second through fifth installation disks).  Can you help me to understand why it loaded i686 instead of i386 (I checked the files which I downloaded and they say i386 on them) and why it does not ask for additional installation media after disk 1?

Also, I tried all other install options including install available on first install page including the rescue option.

Thank you for any support you can provide.