Re: NX won't connect

Jim wrote:
> FC12-x86_64/KDE
>
> trying to connect to a NXserver across internet, it won't connect.
>
> I'm getting to this point at "time out"
>
> 203 NXSSH running with pid:2163
> 285 Enabling skip of SSH config files
> 285 Enabling check 0n switch command
> 285 Setting the preferred NX options
>
> If I do a "ssh   tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx"  I can connect to Server and tom /home.
>
> Is there a NX log file somewhere, there isn't any in /var/log ?

Look in your home dir in .nx:  ~/.nx
for a dir with a rather long name like:
S-cheetah-1064-85F3582D94F5EC31203452108C9547A0
In that dir there are files like:
-rw------- 1 wcn00 wcn00  895 2010-02-05 07:21 session
drwx------ 2 wcn00 wcn00 4096 2010-02-05 07:21 .
drwx------ 7 wcn00 users 4096 2010-02-05 07:21 ..
-rw------- 1 wcn00 wcn00    0 2010-02-05 07:21 errors
-rw------- 1 wcn00 wcn00  179 2010-02-05 07:21 options
-rw------- 1 wcn00 wcn00    0 2010-02-05 07:21 stats

the session and errors files should contain something relating to your
problem.  Also the server logs client connections in the client's ~/.nx
dir if it gets as far as authenticating them,  which in your case, is
probably not happening.  Check your server's system log for security
messages etc.
I use NX all day every day over the net, and down tunnels.  Generally it
works well, but support for free leaching users like me is nonexistent :(
Best of luck
wcn