Re: radeon driver heading in wrong direction :-(.

Robin Laing wrote:
> I purchased two new computers (1 laptop) last year.  In both cases I
> chose nVidia video because I know that they work.  Even in F12 and KDE.
>   I have had Intel video cards and had to replace them with nVidia to
> get applications to work properly.

Weird, the Intel GM965 on my laptop just works for me.

> I have been burned by ATI's support for Linux in the past, and that has
> left a sour taste in my mouth.

Except the current recommended driver is the Free Software one, which is
completely different from the one you've been burned by in the past.

There is now support for all the pre-HD models installed by default and
experimental, but mostly working, support for HD models up to HD 4xxx (up to
r7xx in internal naming) in the mesa-dri-drivers-experimental package.

        Kevin Kofler