Re: Serial port (/dev/ttySX) question.

On Saturday 30 January 2010, Rod Haper wrote:
>On 01/30/2010 07:03 PM, Mikkel wrote:
>> On 01/30/2010 06:25 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
>>> Q?  This code uses the 'sleep(1)' call to time its repeat scans.  It is
>>> using no cpu as its the bottom item on an htop sorted by use report.
>>>
>>> I assume I can go into the tarball and change those 2 sleep calls to
>>> sleep(0.05) to get 20 scans a second?  I'm going to try it anyway & see
>>> if it will still build.
>>
>> Nope - sleep only accepts an integer value. Using sleep, 1 second it
>> the best you will get.
>>
>> Mikkel
>
>He probably wants usleep() which sleeps for microsecond intervals.
>
>--
>Rod

Precisely, a usleep(50000) would be much better .  And some man page studying
for rpmbuild options.  I tried to edit the .c source, but then it refused to
build and that was not the error it spit out.  We'll poke at it some more
tomorrow unless I start plowing thru the sources I have for sc6551.asm to
make that driver, for an H63C09 equipt trs-80 Color Computer 3, now running
Nitros9.

Specifically, I need rpmbuild to stop after unpacking and patching the
tarball, giving me a chance to edit the .c file to change that, and then
restart at the next step.  I've been through the man page a couple of times,
and how to do that hasn't exactly reached up and slapped me.  Hints welcome
of course.

Thanks Rod.

--
Cheers, Gene