Re: Document Viewer can not open latest PDF?

Tom Horsley wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 20:59:39 -0500
> Mail Lists wrote:
>
>>   That is plain silly - it should call itself what it is - evince.
>
> People have tried to fight that fight before to no avail :-).
>
> I finally learned all the menu entries are stashed under
> /usr/share/applications/ and grep in there when I want to
> find the actual name for an app.

That and putting in some hacked fork of cdrecord, I think it's called woeful,
instead of the real thing. In general things should appear under their real name
for purposes of knowing where the bugs are and what you're really using.

It's like asking for Coke and getting Pepsi, no matter how great someone else
thinks it is, it's not what you asked for, wanted, or thought it was. ;-(

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>