Re: NVIDIA: no sound to TV via HDMI

Oups! This message was sent before it was completed.

> On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 8:00 PM, Mikkel <mikkel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

So, you were right. On the motherboard, the sockets and the labelling
are dephased.

 |··|         [Nothing]

 |····|       [S/PDIF out]

 |···|        [CD out]

              [S/PDIF in]

So, all the labelling should be pushed up one socket. Since the S/PDIF
plug had four pings and fitted perfectly in the second socket... once
the 3rd of 4 holes was unplugged, I looked no further.

So, the S/PDIF wire is now in the right plug and... sound still
doesn't get out on the TV. Maybe this has to do with Alsamixer
defaulting on "Default", with only has a setting for "Master". This
corresponds to the setting in the GNOME top panel.

If I press F6, my integrated audio card appears as 0 - HDA ATI SB

I make all my settings, but it has not effect: it seems the Default is
always enabled.

How do I make my audio chip the default?