Re: Something strangee happened to alll the non-hidden files in my home directory

On Fri, 2010-01-29 at 06:22 -0600, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-01-28 at 21:10 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> > On Thu, 2010-01-28 at 15:40 -0600, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> > > I am running F12 on a desktop machine. Today all of a sudden I noticed
> > > that all the non-hidden files in my home directory have disappeared.
> > > Along with the others, Documents, Desktop, Music, etc. directories
> > > have disappeared.
> > In addition I cannot recreate a Desktop directory which has the magic
property of displaying its contents on the Desktop in Gnome. Instead all
files put in my home directory appear on the desktop.

Look, I understand how by making a stupid command choice I could remove
all the files in my home directory but how do you cause all the
non-hidden files in you home directory to appear on you desktop? On top
of that files in the Desktop directory do not appear on the desktop
(only the Desktop directory itself appears).