F12 nouveau problem?

Dear community,

having a *little* problem with nouveau and NVIDIA FX5200 (princeton display, 1280x1024): Under F12, it works OK - but when rebooting to WinXP, the screen is not centered, but shifted a little bit to the left (a small black vertical bar remains rightside). After auto tuning the display in WinXP, and after rebooting to F12, there is the inverse effect (small black vertical bar on the left side).

By running my screen with kmod-nvidia-173xx from rpmfusion, I get rid from these problems.

Any hints?

Kind regards

--
Joachim Backes <joachim.backes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>