Re: Am I the only one?

On Thu, 1/28/10, François Patte <francois.patte@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Le 28/01/2010 19:07, Patrick Bartek a écrit :
> > --- On Thu, 1/28/10, François Patte <francois.patte@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> >
> >> I post again my problem: on my f12 install I have
> a problem
> >> with symlink
> >> /dev/cdrom, /dev/dvd, /dev/cdrw, /dev/dvdrw which
> all exist
> >> *until I
> >> insert a disk in the device*, as soon as the disk
> is
> >> mounted, these
> >> links are erased and don't come back untill the
> next boot.
> >>
> >> I would like to know if anybody else experienced
> the same
> >> problem and I
> >> am searching a clue to solve this problem.
> >>
> >> I suspect HAL or udev, but don't know how to
> search.
> >>
> >> I have a fully updated fedora 12
> >
> > No problems here.
> >
> > Give details about you hardware and
> configurations.  That may help us solve your problem.
>
> Computer is Dell latitude D531.
>
> lshw gives:
>
>            *-cdrom

> product: DVD+-RW GSA-T21N
>
> vendor: HL-DT-ST
>
> physical id: 0.0.0
>                 bus
> info: scsi@4:0.0.0
>
> I have no special config for this, just use f12 from fedora
> repos

I have no specific solution to your problem.  Is your DVD in a dock or installed in the notebook?  I know the D531 has bay for swapping out drives, etc.

The only thing I can say is that on my system SELinux caused problems when updating, configuring, etc., so much so, that I turned it off.  After I did, some of the problems I was having went away.  However, I had to do a clean install, and disable SELinux before doing the first update to get everything working.