Re: help, (Fedora 8 is no longer supported)

On 01/28/2010 08:24 AM, Prabhakar Pandey wrote:
> i have recently installed fedora-8 together with windows vista.
> i hav some problems in fedora .
> 1. my time is not showing correctly in fedora as i try to change it the
> time in vista is changed.
> 2. Software Updater isn't working correctly . as i try to use it it
> hangs and i am unbale to do anything .
> 3. how do i install movie player and other media players in fedora .
> 4. how can i configure yum in fedora -8.
>
> thanks
> Prabhakar Pandey

Fedora 8 is no longer supported and hasn't been for some time, may I
suggest you try Fedora 12, the current release. This version will
contain many enhancements and bug fixes that are not in Fedora 8. All
said though, I did find Fedora 8 to be a good stable release. Rest
assured you will find a very limited number of updates now available for
Fedora 8, and hence unless you choose to  implement bug fixes yourself,
(I doubt that), you will never get them.

I've managed to create a dual boot system of Windows and Fedora, with
grub menu to select what you want to boot up, although this was some
years ago now.

JB