Re: RFC about socket/cores numbers and HT info

On Thursday 28 January 2010, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
> On Thu Jan 28 11:30:31 UTC 2010 John Aldrich wrote:
> > /dev/mem: Permission denied
>
> I thought that if run by root, it should not give this permission
> denied problem.... strange
>
> I didn't mention in general that on RH EL based systems, the dmidecode
> rpm is needed and that the binary is in /usr/sbin (I didn't put the
> full path inside the script..)
>
> What output do you receive with the command:
> dmidecode -t processor?
>
> > One note: it didn't hit me immediately, but I needed to run dos2unix
> > on it to strip the EOL characters and make it run-able on my linux
> > box.
>
> I needed to upload from a win PC and it automatically converted, I
>  suppose ;-(
>
> Thanks fro noting this

Here's the output of the command run using sudo:

# dmidecode 2.10
SMBIOS 2.5 present.

Handle 0x0004, DMI type 4, 40 bytes
Processor Information
        Socket Designation: AM2
        Type: Central Processor
        Family: Athlon 64 X2
        Manufacturer: AMD
        ID: B2 0F 06 00 FF FB 8B 17
        Signature: Family 15, Model 107, Stepping 2
        Flags:
                FPU (Floating-point unit on-chip)
                VME (Virtual mode extension)
                DE (Debugging extension)
                PSE (Page size extension)
                TSC (Time stamp counter)
                MSR (Model specific registers)
                PAE (Physical address extension)
                MCE (Machine check exception)
                CX8 (CMPXCHG8 instruction supported)
                APIC (On-chip APIC hardware supported)
                SEP (Fast system call)
                MTRR (Memory type range registers)
                PGE (Page global enable)
                MCA (Machine check architecture)
                CMOV (Conditional move instruction supported)
                PAT (Page attribute table)
                PSE-36 (36-bit page size extension)
                CLFSH (CLFLUSH instruction supported)
                MMX (MMX technology supported)
                FXSR (Fast floating-point save and restore)
                SSE (Streaming SIMD extensions)
                SSE2 (Streaming SIMD extensions 2)
                HTT (Hyper-threading technology)
        Version: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+
        Voltage: 1.5 V
        External Clock: 200 MHz
        Max Speed: 3100 MHz
        Current Speed: 3100 MHz