Re: Linux C++ compiler

using the gcc-c++ compiler can someone provide a simple 3 or 4 step example as to how i use the compiler (in the terminal) to compile a program i wrote and saved in a gedit file?  thanks.

On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 1:27 PM, Matt Smith <smithm2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
thanks, i will need a development environment as well, but anyway my system says that it is already installed.  would you be able to direct me to where it might be located and how i can access it, thanks again

On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 1:04 PM, Patrick O'Callaghan <pocallaghan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, 2010-01-24 at 12:58 -0500, Matt Smith wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a good C++ compiler for Linux, I am very new to
> Linux (very very new).  Does Fedora 12 come with one?  In Windows i
> used to write programs using borlands dos console compiler and Dev-C
> ++.  It would great to get a recommendation for a good one in Linux
> and how to install it.

yum install gcc-c++

Note that this is exactly what you asked for, a C++ compiler. If
actually want a development environment there are several, e.g. Kdevelop
under KDE.

poc