Re: need howto for SELinux config--ssh on non-standard port

Daniel J Walsh said the following on 01/07/2010 05:23 AM Pacific Time:
> On 01/06/2010 09:29 PM, John Poelstra wrote:
>> I'm running sshd on a high (>1024) port number and cannot find a clear
>> step by step guide for configuring this correctly on Fedora 12 on
>> google.... I've come across lots of random bugs and forum questions, but
>> nothing that starts at the beginning of the process through the end.
>>
>> I'm a total SELinux newbie and usually just disable itall together when
>> things like this happen.  I'm trying to change my ways :)   Can anyone
>> provide any URLs or the steps?
>>
>> If someone can provide the steps here I'll blog about it to get it
>> documented so others do not have to suffer the same fate.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> John
>>

> http://docs.fedoraproject.org/selinux-managing-confined-services-guide/en-US/F11/html/sect-Managing_Confined_Services-Configuration_examples-Changing_port_numbers.html
>
> If the avc is for an undefined port "port_t"  then you can do the command
>
> # semanage port -a -t ssh_port_t PORTNUM
>
> If you are listing to a defined port NAME_port_t, then you need to load a custom policy module
>
> # grep ssh /var/log/audit/audit.log | audit2allow -m myssh
> # semodule -i myssh.pp

Still having problems

# grep ssh /var/log/audit/audit.log | audit2allow -m myssh

module myssh 1.0;

# cat mySshdPort.te

module mySshdPort 1.0;

#  semodule -i myssh.pp
semodule:  Failed on myssh.pp!

Considering all the data /var/log/audit/audit.log, how does
'audit2allow' know to select the right data from the mass being piped to to?

Thanks,
John