Re: Unable To Install In Graphic Mode

On 12/31/2009 12:11 PM, David Dembrow wrote:
Attempting to install fedora 12, I get a message that there is not enough memory to install in graphic mode and it reverts to a text mode and installs some prepackaged set of applications. It is a system with 384 megabytes of memory and the graphic installer worked with fedora 11.

How much memory does the graphic installer need and/or is there another way I can get to select a complete set of packages with the text based installer?

If you use the key choice at the boot menu of the installer to edit options and add ' vnc' to the boot command line, then during the initial installation configuration screens pick a viable network configuration for your situation. You will later be informed of the ip address and screen to connect to the computer with vncviewer from another computer. This is a good alternative to perform a graphic installation if you have a local network to connect to and another computer available on that network.