]$ glxinfo: “Error: glXCreateContext failed”

Hi;

Just to clarify things.

I have the above error when I checked glxinfo after I tried Susyem =>
Preferences => Desktop Effects and got this warning

"Accelerated 3D graphics is not available
Desktop effects require hardware 3D support."

I googled and got the fallowing advice:

"The following needs to be present in the xorg.conf file:

Section "Files"
ModulePath "/usr/lib64/xorg/modules/extensions/nvidia"
ModulePath "/usr/lib64/xorg/modules"
EndSection"

My xorg.conf contains:
# nvidia-xconfig: X configuration file generated by nvidia-xconfig
# nvidia-xconfig:  version 1.0  (mockbuild@)  Sun Nov 22 21:04:19 EST
2009

# Xorg configuration created by livna-config-display

Section "Files"
    ModulePath      "/usr/lib64/xorg/modules"
EndSection

I can add the ModulePath "/usr/lib64/xorg/modules/extensions/nvidia"
manually.  But as the advice is dated April 2009, is it out of date
(i.e. for versions earlier than F12)?

Shouldn't this type of configuration be added by some program or package
automatically?  I have the "nVidia Display Settings" gui.  Shouldn't
there be a way to set this configuration through that?

I am running a GeForce 9500 GT on a PCIe Bus and a rpmfusion nvidia
driver as part of a Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU system.

--
Regards Bill
Fedora 12, Gnome 2.28