Re: Calendar with recurring tasks?

On 12/27/09 14:48, Steven Stern wrote:
On 12/27/2009 02:27 PM, Gordon Charrick wrote:

It's been a while since I went looking for a calendar that handles this
simple task only to be repeatedly disappointed. This is one feature that
(uggh) Outlook handles right.

I want to keep track of monthly (or quarterly, or whatever) bills that
recur. Assume it's Jan 1st and you have three bills due this month. You
look at your task list and see the three bills along with the date
they're due. You pay bill A and check off the task for that bill. Now
you look at your task list and see 2 bills still due in January and one
due in February. Pretty simple and logical way to keep track of monthly
bills or other tasks that need to be done regularly, but haven't found
any Linux apps that can handle this task. Anyone have any

The Lightning extension for Thunderbird will do this with tasks.

I checked out Lightning several months ago and it didn't handle recurring tasks worth a damn. If you look at bug 373755, it looks like it still doesn't work as it's supposed to.
--
Gordon Charrick<br>
gordonmc@xxxxxxx<br>