Re: What is the smallest device that will run Fedora 12 ? Evolution ? Kontact ?

On 12/23/2009 01:14 PM, Linuxguy123 wrote:
I might get an N900 just for myself.  What would stop one from running
Fedora on it ?  I guess ubuntu would be a closer fit ?

You would have to repackage the GSM pieces and compile a custom kernel. Simply installing Fedora 12 wouldn't be good enough. Plus to install anything in Extras you would need to be actively repackaging from deb to RPM.

I've had my N900 since it was released and I don't see what all the hype around deb is. You have to know twice as much commands and arguments to find out package information compared to RPM.