Re: problems with system-config-display and crtl-alt-backspace

Craig White wrote:
On Sun, 2009-12-27 at 00:42 -0800, Paul Allen Newell wrote:
To all:

Installed f12 without any problems.

Discovered that crtl-alt-backspace was disabled in f12 and how I could edit my xorg.conf to restore that feature.

Searched Fedora f12 web pages and they told me to install system-config-display to create an xorg.conf that matched the default that the opSys was using. Worked great and, to use the cliché, "groovy"

Reboot system and it immediately hangs after that cute little Fedora icon finishes to say that it booted. Just hangs and hangs. To use the cliché again, "not groovy".

I figure I have no choice but to reinstall (what's a few hours between friends (grumble)) ... but would like to know the proper (which may be not documented) way to restore "crtl-alt-backspace" to kick the X.

I have three computer on a KVM and I often need to kick one of them if it boots up and the KVM isn't directed at it cause its on one of the others.. I've never understood why X has to actually connect to the monitor to be correct, but X is pretty near a black box as far as I am concerned (sigh).
----
put into /etc/X11/xorg.conf

Section "ServerFlags"
Option "DontZap" "false" EndSection
then you can kill X with <Control><Alt><Backspace> as before (after you
restart X of course.

Craig

Craig:

The plan originally was to use the DontZap once I proved that using system-config-display to create Xorg would work. Never made it far enough and, given the posting from Eric and especially Kevin, I think I am better off with a reinstall and using the Keyboard Layout.

Thanks for the reply,
Paul