Re: Compiz -- Discussion

On Sat, 2009-12-26 at 23:57 +0000, Marko Vojinovic wrote:
> Finally, there is one more very important thing to comment on. One
> notable misconception that is typically put forward by opponents of
> eye-candy is that all those effects take time to execute and thus slow
> you down when using the computer. This is *FUD* and *utter*
> *bullshit*. .....[snip]..... On today's modern hardware, all those
> compiz effects can be configured to be executed *faster* than any such
> human lag, so the system appears completely responsive while doing all
> that eye-candy stuff.

Utter horseshit, I refute every single one of those claims.  You'd have
to be a slow person, in the first place, for the animated eye candy to
not slow you down opening menus, and the like.

e.g. Open menu, instantly pick choice, versus open menu, wait for effect
to subside before you can even read menu, then pick choice.

The effects are *NOT* that quick that they add insubstantial delays.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.