Re: Anybody want to crash their X server? :-).

2009/12/26 Tom Horsley <tom.horsley@xxxxxxx>:
> On Fri, 25 Dec 2009 23:56:05 +0000
> Colin Paul Adams wrote:
<--SNIP-->

> Weird, it crashes every time for me, I'm also running 64 bit
> fully updated f12. Maybe the specific video driver is involved
> as well (though there is nothing in the backtrace that looks
> like it is in the video driver).
>
> Looks like there is a newer server on the way to updates that
> may fix it anyway, so I guess I'll wait for the next X server
> update and try again.
>
> Thanks for checking!

I remember a few updates ago in F11 I couldn't use rotate tool. Once I
was trying Shift-R my system became looked up for ever (God bless you,
Hard_Reboot_Button!). I'm pretty sure this arc-drawing bug also will
be cured soon.
By the way, about your theory of its relation with video card. Mine is:
1. lspci | grep ATI
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV350 AP [Radeon 9600]
01:00.1 Display controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV350 AP [Radeon
9600] (Secondary)

2. From xorg.conf:
Section "Device"
	Identifier  "Videocard0"
	Driver      "ati"
EndSection

3. ati - Vendor-supplied driver for ati cards
--
Hiisi.
Spandex is a privilege, not a right.