Re: fedora mailing list handles signed email incorrectly

On Sat, 26 Dec 2009 14:28:50 -0500
Mail Lists <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 12/26/2009 02:04 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
>
> > You mean all the ones from the redhat.com mailman?
>
>   yes
>
> > This should not apply to the lists on lists.fedoraproject.org...
>
>   Not quite sure what you mean - after the list moves perhaps ?

Any new lists we have created in the last year or so have been on
lists.fedoraproject.org.

> > See: http://wiki.list.org/display/DEV/DKIM
> >
> > When all the @redhat.com lists move over to lists.fedoraproject.org
> > we will be using mailman 2.1.9, which strips out the DKIM sigs.
>

>   So soln (1) ...
>
>   But you sure about the version ? All the headers from the current
> list (including your post have this)

Yes. Currently lists.fedoraproject.org has 2.1.9.
redhat.com mailmain is 2.1.12.

>  And the mailman info page you sent says this:
>
>  -----------------------
>  However, in Mailman 2.1.9, we explicitly began stripping
> DKIM-Signature headers from incoming messages.

> The proposal for Mailman 2.1.10 then is to add a variable to
> Defaults.py.in (configurable via mm_cfg.py) that controls whether
> DKIM-Signature headers are removed or not in outgoing list copies ..

>   And certainly I am seeing DKIM poster signatures coming through ..

Right, so the redhat.com mailman must have that setting set to no, so
it's not stripping DKIM. Currently lists.fedoraproject.org mailman does
strip them.

kevin