Re: Wine (?) spoiling F12 boot

On Sat, 26 Dec 2009 12:19:04 -0500, Tom Horsley wrote:
	[....]
> I'm pretty sure wine is merely the last thing that runs before it tries
> to start the X server, and that flashing is s symptom of the X server
> dying. Since you can ssh in, you might find hints in the
> /var/log/Xorg.0.log file about what it doesn't like.

	The whole log is pretty much Geek to me; but here's a passage
that sounds like it might be relevant :

(==) ModulePath set to "/usr/lib/xorg/modules"
(II) Cannot locate a core pointer device.
(II) The server relies on HAL to provide the list of input devices.
	If no devices become available, reconfigure HAL or disable
AllowEmptyInput.
(WW) AllowEmptyInput is on, devices using drivers 'kbd', 'mouse' or
'vmmouse' will be disabled.
(WW) Disabling Keyboard0
(II) Loader magic: 0x821b0a0
(II) Module ABI versions:
	X.Org ANSI C Emulation: 0.4
	X.Org Video Driver: 6.0
	X.Org XInput driver : 7.0
	X.Org Server Extension : 2.0
(--) using VT number 7

	Then near the end comes another passage of possible interest :

(II) Primary Device is: PCI 02@00:00:0
The PCI device has a kernel module claiming it.
This driver cannot operate until it has been unloaded
(EE) No devices detected.

Fatal server error:
no screens found
--
Beartooth Staffwright, Neo-Redneck, Not Quite Clueless Power User