Support for Logitech G11 keyboard - take 2

Is there any useful support for the extended keys on the G11 keyboard? I was pointed at the "g15" software, which since people described it may have suffered from feature creep to the point where it has become one of those "before you can make this work you need that" endless chains, with the parts depending on versioned libraries and such which I find, but are the wrong version. There seems no configure option to just pretend the display on the G15 keyboard doesn't exist, after the 4th trip around the loop[1] I got off. Like many things, if you can get all the parts at the right version it works, but all the parts are moving targets.

Any other ideas? Keyboard is great, even w/o the special keys, but they would save me much time.

[1] g15macro needs g15daemon. G15daemon needs g15lib. g15lib needs libusb, which is not in the libusb rpm, but libusb-devel which wasn't available from the fastest repo yum had cached... Also need g15render, found two copies neither of which is the right version. Ran out of time to work on unpackaged software not on the critical path.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>