Re: What is the smallest device that will run Fedora 12 ? Evolution ? Kontact ?

On Wed, 2009-12-23 at 15:39 -0500, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-12-23 at 10:26 -0800, Suvayu Ali wrote:
> > On Wednesday 23 December 2009 10:18 AM, Linuxguy123 wrote:
> > > We are quite disappointed with my wife's iPhone.  Everything is so
> > > locked up.
> > >

> > A friend of mine jailbroke his iPhone. He can do all sorts of cool stuff
> > including having a terminal and using ssh to log into our lab servers. ;)
>
> You don't need to jailbreak to use ssh to log into your lab
> servers--there's an app (or three) for that.  It even does X, and
> there's a VNC client, too.  There's even an app for tn3270 for those of
> us who still need to talk to IBM mainframes.
>
> You do need to jailbreak to log into your iPhone from your lab servers,
> though...
>
> I agree, I don't like how locked up it is, but it does do slick like
> Apple always does.  It looks like Android and some other smartphone OS's
> will be promising competitors, though.  We'll see when my contract
> expires what the next-gen Droid looks like.

I know its off topic from Fedora, but Maemo looks very slick.  Its
starting to build a base of users and developers.

And although its Gnome based, it now supports Qt stuff and a switch or
full dual support can't be far off being that Nokia bought Qt.