Re: What is the smallest device that will run Fedora 12 ? Evolution ? Kontact ?

On Wed, 2009-12-23 at 10:26 -0800, Suvayu Ali wrote:
> On Wednesday 23 December 2009 10:18 AM, Linuxguy123 wrote:
> > We are quite disappointed with my wife's iPhone.  Everything is so
> > locked up.
> >

> A friend of mine jailbroke his iPhone. He can do all sorts of cool stuff
> including having a terminal and using ssh to log into our lab servers. ;)

You don't need to jailbreak to use ssh to log into your lab
servers--there's an app (or three) for that.  It even does X, and
there's a VNC client, too.  There's even an app for tn3270 for those of
us who still need to talk to IBM mainframes.

You do need to jailbreak to log into your iPhone from your lab servers,
though...

I agree, I don't like how locked up it is, but it does do slick like
Apple always does.  It looks like Android and some other smartphone OS's
will be promising competitors, though.  We'll see when my contract
expires what the next-gen Droid looks like.

--
                Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu