Re: OT: howto change Firefox's default print options

On Tue, 2009-12-22 at 16:02 -0800, Mike Wright wrote:
> Robert G. (Doc) Savage wrote:

> >> Thanks, Rick.
> >>
> >> Those are the ones I mucked with.  No cigar though.  Any changes made
> >> there cause the status to change temporarily from default to
> >> user_defined.  After printing the current document they revert back to
> >> default.
> >>>

> > You've probably tried this, but just in case you haven't... :-)
> >
> > File -> Print... -> Options tab -> Header and Footer
> >
> > There are two rows of three pull-down option menu boxes that correspond
> > to the six about:config options you already found. You can set any or
> > all to --blank--. Any changes you make should be written to the
> > ~/.mozilla/firefox/<random>.default/prefs.js file when you exit Firefox.
> > It should be owned by <you>.<you> and its access permissions should be
> > 755.
>
> Unfortunately, there are only two ways out of the print box: print and
> cancel.
>
> Thanks, anyway

Mike,

Whether you make the changes in about:config or in the Print -> Options
tab, they're effective immediately. You don't need to click on a
Save/OK/Accept button. Any changes you make are retained in RAM and
aren't written to prefs.js and made permanent until you exit Firefox.

--Doc Savage
  Fairview Heights, IL