RE: Moving to Fedora .. my GUI gone..

Hie there

I tried to install KDE (K desktop), removing GNOME desktop and all its
utilities from Linux Ubuntu since I wanted some nice features from
Fedora......

After rebooting.. Only the shell comes up..  the GUI is not starting...

where could I be going wrong.. After converting .rpm files from the fedora
disc to .deb using "alien",I installed all the core KDE files...listed below
:

amarok		arts					compiz-kde
digikam		gpgme					im-chooser
caffeine		kde-settings-pulseaudio		kdeaccessibility
kdeaddons		kdeartwork				kdebase
kdegraphics		kdegraphics-extras		kdemultimedia
kdenetwork		kdepim				kdeutils
kdmtheme		kftgrabber				kipi-plugins
knetworkmanager	conversation			kpowersave
ktorrent		pinentry-qt				scim-qt..
scribus		xdg-utils				xdg-users-dirs
xine-lib-arts	zenity

Is there a registry setting somewhere, which needs to be edited, to point to
the new GUI (KDE).

Regards
(o<     Ishmael Chibvuri
//\     Viva Fedora !!!