Re: OT: howto change Firefox's default print options

Rick Stevens wrote:
On 12/22/2009 01:42 PM, Mike Wright wrote:
Rick Stevens wrote:
On 12/22/2009 11:32 AM, Mike Wright wrote:
Hi all,

I need help with the default printing options in Firefox. It has a very
annoying "feature" when trying to print: it insists on providing me with
preselected headers and footers.

I believe the things you're looking for are in about:config. Look
for "print.printer_(printer_name).(attribute). The attributes are:

print_footercenter
print_footerleft
print_footerright
print_headercenter
print_headerleft
print_headerright

Thanks, Rick.

Those are the ones I mucked with. No cigar though. Any changes made
there cause the status to change temporarily from default to
user_defined. After printing the current document they revert back to
default.

My mistake. There are multiples of those. I'd discovered the transient ones and made my changes there where, surprise, they didn't stick.

mmmm, much better now...