Re: deleted the /root/.ssh folder - what should I do for for recovering the keys

2009/12/22 Mark Ryden <markryde@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Hello,
>  I have a machine on which I deleted the /root/.ssh folder;

You might be able to recover them with tools like photorec from the
testdisk package. When you delete something it's not zeroed out, so
unless you write over that part of the disk again the data should be
recoverable.

Failing that, if you have physical access to the box then it shouldn't
be too hard to log in locally and copy over the new keys. If someone
else has root access on the boxes (even via su -) then you could do it
that way too.

-c