Re: OT: howto change Firefox's default print options

On 12/22/2009 11:32 AM, Mike Wright wrote:
Hi all,

I need help with the default printing options in Firefox. It has a very
annoying "feature" when trying to print: it insists on providing me with
preselected headers and footers.

Page defaults can only be set after selecting "Print". Go to tab Options
and then manually deselect the four preset header and footer options.
That boils down to seven mouse clicks, *per document*, just to get rid
of something I never asked for and don't want. What "usability" genius
thought that one up? (Are we sure we haven't been invaded by M$ moles?)

I've tried making changes in about:config but have no idea what I'm
looking for. The probable looking things I've changed seem to have no
effect.

If anybody knows how to do this I'd love to learn it from you.

I believe the things you're looking for are in about:config.  Look
for "print.printer_(printer_name).(attribute).  The attributes are:

	print_footercenter
	print_footerleft
	print_footerright
	print_headercenter