How to get workarounds for specific hardware in Fedora?

Hi,

I use a Dell E521 and since Fedora 10 I have sound problems with every release of Fedora. Previously there was no sound from the headphone jack, then no sound at all and with F12 I experienced that the sound volume reduces itself 'magically' until the volume is completely muted after 30s (with no way to get the volume up again).

However the hardware is quite common:
00:10.1 Audio device: nVidia Corporation MCP51 High Definition Audio (rev a2)

It turns out that it can be fixed by adding a special option to /etc/modprobe.d/dist-alsa.conf:
  options snd-hda-intel model="ref"

After a reboot all sound problems were gone (with every release of Fedora).

So as I always need 2-3 weeks to remember the old fix again, I would like to get this somehow 'in Fedora' so that new systems just will have working sound from day 0.

Now it's a bit unclear to me whom I should bug so that it get's in.
 - Alsa developers?
 - Alsa maintainer?
 - Anaconda guys?
 - fedora-devel list and hope that someone picks it up?

help appreciated :-)

fs