Re: RFE? Or am I wasting my time?

Sam Sharpe wrote:
2009/12/21 Alan Evans <ame.fedora@xxxxxxxxx>:
So I thought to file a RFE about it except:

What component would it be against? Its location in the menu suggests
that it's some sort of Nautilus extension, but I can't figure what
package its in.

Now you do, but I think the real source of the problem is the GNOME project, so I bet the best you get is RH passing through your comments, possibly with an endorsement. Of course that's a BIG endorsement, if you can get someone to scream at them in two part harmony.

I agree with your assessment of this as misleading.

It's in file-roller:

[sam@samlap Desktop]$ rpm -qif
/usr/lib64/nautilus/extensions-2.0/libnautilus-fileroller.so
Name        : file-roller                  Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 2.28.1                            Vendor: Fedora Project
Release     : 2.fc12                        Build Date: Fri 30 Oct
2009 03:38:18 GMT
Install Date: Sat 31 Oct 2009 13:14:05 GMT      Build Host:
x86-4.fedora.phx.redhat.com
Group       : Applications/Archiving        Source RPM:
file-roller-2.28.1-2.fc12.src.rpm
Size        : 4827862                          License: GPLv2+
Signature   : (none)
Packager    : Fedora Project
URL         : http://download.gnome.org/sources/file-roller/
Summary     : Tool for viewing and creating archives
Description :
File Roller is an application for creating and viewing archives files,
such as tar or zip files.

Am I the only person in the world that cares? I mean, would it just be
a waste of time for my to file a RFE that's inevitably going to be
ignored or closed NOTABUG?

I didn't actually notice until you pointed it out and while I don't
actually care either way, your reasoning makes sense - which is a
valid argument for an RFE.

--
Sam

--