Re: 8 GB Flash drive formatted at 3.7 GB

On 12/20/2009 09:00 PM, Marcel Rieux wrote:

> You're right, my hasty extrapolations were wrong. But I don't believe
> you can get a Flash drive working that will be listed only as /dev/sdb
> any more than you can have a HD working with only /dev/sda. I have no
> idea about arrays, I'm talking about standard desktops with one drive.

Under Linux, you can do both. While you will be asked if that is
what you really want to do, the tools are happy to let you. Mount
has no problems mounting /dev/sda if you have formatted /dev/sda.
(Apposed to formatting /dev/sda1). Windows may not like it, but that
is another story.

Mikkel