Re: 8 GB Flash drive formatted at 3.7 GB

Marcel Rieux
>> OTOH, when I formatted, I wasn't so sure that ext3 was much use on a
>> USB drive. I still don't know.

Aaron Konstam:
> In it is not muh use if you ever want to put it in a Wiindws machine.

There are drivers to read ext3 on Windows.  If you use both systems,
you'll have to weigh up which is the most convenient.  Native file
systems on Linux, which supports your normal permissions and ownership
file details.  Or a pathetic-featured file system that can be easily
read by many different systems.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686