Re: No snd-hda-intel

2009/12/21 Jim <mickeyboa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> FC12/KDE
>
> Intel sound 82801H, All the setting in PulseAudio is up to Max.
>
> I have a fresh FC12 install with no Sound, and I have attached LSMOD and
> Sound from /var/log/messages

Although it might sound stupid, firstly make sure that mute is off. Try:

amixer set Master unmute

Secondly, the log shows that the kernel doesn't know what model you
have and it might not be loading the correct codec. You might need to
specify which one to use at boot or in modules conf.

"Dec 20 17:14:35 localhost kernel: hda_codec: Unknown model for
ALC888, trying auto-probe from BIOS..."

There is a list of models in the kernel headers, AFAIK, but this might help:
"http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=616845";

-c