Re: F12 Live CHECKSUM failing

On Sat, 2009-12-19 at 01:24 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> Ktorrent hangs in there till somebody starts seeding what it needs, but I
> have very very little experience with the others so can't say what they do.
>
> I have seen the seed count goto zero a couple of times, but when I got up the
> next morning, it had the file and was seeding it.

Gene,

In this case a better alternative to torrent would probably be rsync,
especially since you probably have 99.99% of the right bits. The Fedora
downloads site doesn't support rsync, but lots of its mirrors do.

rsync's command line options can be a bit imposing if you haven't used
it before. From your Fedora-12-x86_64-Live directory, type and run the
following command line (this is long and may wrap, but it's all one line
including the trailing " .").

$ rsync -acvzP
rsync://rsync.gtlib.gatech.edu/fedora-enchilada/linux/releases/12/Live/x86_64/Fedora-12-x86_64-Live.iso .

This will do a block-by-block comparison of a known good source file at
the Georgia Tech mirror against your local copy. It will replace any
local blocks that don't match those on the mirror. It should only take
rsync a very few minutes to repair your iso file.

HTH

--Doc Savage
  Fairview Heights, IL