Re: Upgrading with preupgrade: flawless!

Marcel Rieux wrote:
Some people here said that, despite Fedora suggesting not to upgrade
with yum, they did so and had good results. If this is the way to
upgrade with yum:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/YumUpgradeFaq#Instructions_to_upgrade_using_yum

I can tell you that upgrading with preupgrade from Fedora 11 to 12 is
much simpler. Here's what I did, following the instructions:

1) Do a back-up, just in case.

2) In gnome-terminal:

su
yum update
preupgrade

One, two, ? clicks

3) Go for a long bath.

4) Reboot the computer. The downloaded packages will install. So...

5) Eat supper

6) The computer will reboot automatically at the end and voilà!

Everything works.

OR NOT!

I'm still in the middle up running preupgrade. But it was griping about not enough space in the /boot partition. I tried ripping out old kernels, etc. Still not enough space.