Re: Installing F12 on a Netbook sans Swap

Hi Richard,

I can answer only one of your concerns.

On Friday 18 December 2009 01:34 PM, Richard Shaw wrote:
3. After giving up on the graphical installer I went text based which
had it's own set of challenges. Primarilly it would not let me setup a
custom partition layout, and secondly it didn't seem to install X as
after rebooting I was dumped to a VT.

The text based installer _intentionally_ does not have support for custom partitioning since F12. Its in the Release notes.

And addressing your second query, when you install in text mode, the default runlevel is set to runlevel 3. All you have to do is change that in /etc/inittab or /boot/grub/grub.conf

GL
--
Suvayu