Saving Tbird e-mail files? -

   There must be a way to save/export/import Thunderbirds email files
   when going from F-11 to F-12! I have never been able to do this
   despite suggestions to simply move the Thunderbirds "Mail" files.
   Every six months or so I lose all the mail when I upgrade Fedora and
   reinstall Thunderbirds,

   I usually have two Fedora computers as is the case now. I would like
   to move the mail from the F-11 box to the new F-12 installation on a
   second computer. The Thunderbirds mail import function looks for
   something in "Communicator 4x" or some such thing but is very
   inflexible. "Communicator 4x" doesn't exist on any of my computers!

   Is there  a known working procedure to accomplish this. I routinely
   transfer files between them via sftp and nfs. But those mail files
   defy all my attempts.

   Any help appreciated.

   Bob