Re: SMS client for linux?

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 9:43 AM, Sam Sharpe <lists.redhat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2009/12/16 Chris Adams <cmadams@xxxxxxxxxx>:
>> Once upon a time, L <yuanlux@xxxxxxxxx> said:
>>> I have a vodafone wireless broadband dongle. This prepaid package
>>> comes with 15 free SMS. NM on F12 is great to connect it. my question
>>> is that, is there a tool to send/receive  SMS on linux? The vodafone
>>> connect kit for windows includes a SMS client to send and receive SMS.
>>> I don't want waste 15 SMS, Could any one know an equivalent tool for
>>> linux?
>>
>> Gnokii is a cell phone tool that can send and receive SMS, if your cell
>> interface presents a serial port to Linux (my phone for example presents
>> two).  It takes a little bit of configuration in /etc/gnokiirc but works
>> okay.
>
> This isn't a cell-phone its a standalone dongle for just 3G/HSPDA
> connections. That's not to say that gnokii or Gammu won't do this.
>
> Would this help?
>
> http://www.vodafonebetavine.net/bvportal/resources/datacards

thanks, I had this "vodafone-mobile-connect-card-driver-for-linux"
prior to NM. Now, NM does a very good job. I prefer connection via NM.
when the wireless broadband dongle connected via NM,
vodafone-mobile-connect-card-driver-for-linux can not be started.
That's why I look  for a alternative SMS client

http://etvillage.blogspot.com/