Re: Reading Pictures off of SD card Problem

On 12/15/2009 02:29 PM, Mikkel wrote:
On 12/15/2009 01:18 PM, Tod Merley wrote:
On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 9:46 AM, Jim<mickeyboa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
FC11/KDE

Attempting to read Pictures on mounted SD card.

If i tell it to use DigiKam it will read the card and display pictures.

If I tell it to use Filemanager it will open the wine.cfg window, there are
no wine
apps on SD card , just pictures.

I uninstalled wine, but no help, If I tell it to use Filemanager it still
looking for
wine.cfg.

Hi Jim!

If I were you I would open a shell, obtain root privilege, use mount
to see where the SD card is mounted, navigate to that point and use ls
-a -l to poke around and see what is up.

No need to become root. The card should be mounted with permissions
that let the console user access it. At least it is in Gnome. I can
normally just double-click on the icon and have it open the SD card.
I have also used mc from a terminal window to access the files on
the card.

Mikkel
What puzzels me is how do you know where the Application was called from.